Sometimes it is hard to get a prospective donor to open up.
You can talk and talk and talk, but you just see their eyes glaze over and you think it’s hopeless.
There is nothing worse than running out of things to talk about and sitting in an awkward silence.
The best scenario is to have an engaged donor who is asking a lot of questions and genuinely wants to hear more.
With that said, here is a list of 7 good questions to ask a prospective donor to help get the conversation going:
- Why did you choose to give to the organization?
- How did you get involved with the organization?
- What is your first memory of the organization?
- What other organizations do you support?
- What do you believe we should be doing to improve our services?
- Have you volunteered with us before? Would you consider volunteering for us?
- What are your hobbies, interests, activities?
Please help me here. What are some other good questions to ask on a visit?