Why People Give
- They’ve been asked.
- They believe in the organization, its mission, and its people.
- They respect the solicitor.
- They understand the current needs of the community
- They’re involved in the organization.
- They want public recognition.
- Tax benefits.
- They have a sense of community responsibility.
- They get an emotional reward from making a contribution.
Why People Choose Not To Give
- No one asked.
- The wrong person asked.
- The case wasn’t strong enough.
- The appeal wasn’t pleasant.
- No one suggested a specific amount.
- No one followed up.